Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Georges Seurat: The Drawings

I just got my monthly newsletter from the Museum of Modern Art and I was happy to see that there will be an exhibition of Georges Seurat's drawings this fall, from October 28, 2007 through January 7, 2008. I wrote a paper on Seurat and color theory for my Impressionism and Post-Impressionism class back in grad school: I read about Seurat's drawings, but I have yet to see them in person. I remember thinking that his drawings were mysterious and beautiful, exploring tone more than line.

(To sign up for MoMA's e-news yourself, go to moma.org and enter your address at the bottom of the page.)

We have many books and videos on Seurat here at Mid-Manhattan Art. Give us a call and we can put one aside for you.

2 comments:

jtc said...

We will also be offering a slide lecture in conjunction with the Museum of Modern Art on Georges Seurat's Drawings on Wednesday, November 7th, at 6:30 p.m. on the 6th floor.

Jen Y. said...

Thanks, Jtc. I will edit the post to include that information.