Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Renew your creativity

Every artist gets stuck at times. We have books here at the library that can help you get back on track (or off track?). The most popular one is Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way: a spiritual path to higher creativity. Now, normally anything with the word "spiritual" in it makes me run the other way, but the persistent popularity of this book makes me think that there must be something to it. We have many other books by Cameron including How to Avoid Making Art (or anything else you enjoy), which is a humorous look at the process of making art.

I'm not an artist but have thought about reading "The Artist's Way" just to see what it's all about. I imagine that it's something like Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, but for artists (I haven't read this book, either -- you got me). If you like books like these, you can explore the many books or videos -- art and non-art related -- that we have cataloged with the subject Self actualization (Psychology).

No comments: